Re: 7 hrs for a pg_restore?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
However, this resulted in random errors from Postgres - something to do
with locked tables. So I changed it so that no two threads create indexes
for the same table at once, and that solved it.

How long ago was that?  There used to be some issues with two CREATE
INDEXes both trying to update the pg_class row, but I thought we'd fixed
it.

It was a while back, and that sounds like exactly the error it returned. It sounds like you have fixed it.

Matthew

--
Software suppliers are trying to make their software packages more
'user-friendly'.... Their best approach, so far, has been to take all

      match