Database Administrator at Whitehat Security
This position is located in Santa Clara, CA.
WhiteHat Security provides a comprehensive solution to the rapidly
growing problem of website security and is the leading provider of
website security testing services. WhiteHat develops the most complete, easy-to-use and cost-effective solutions that enable companies of any size to secure
production web applications, meet PCI standards and maintain customer confidence. Our
experienced team has backgrounds ranging from Symantec to VeriSign to
Tripwire to Yahoo!. WhiteHat executives are also frequent speakers at
premier security industry events such as BlackHat, HackInTheBox, OWASP,
RSA, SANS, WASC, and more. We are growing at an impressive pace and are
the right place for bright, creative, energetic people looking to get in
on the ground floor of a fantastic opportunity to learn new technologies and grow with the company.
- This position will be a part of the IT team and reports to the Senior DBA.
- Design, configure, optimize and maintain highly scalable PostgreSQL databases.
- Test and perform database server upgrades and patches.
- Build tools to proactively monitor database activities and health.
- Perform database profiling, trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Perform database backup and recovery tasks, including standards and schedules setup and periodic restore tests.
- Work closely with development team members and
provide database support in schema design and changes, as well as code
review and SQL tuning.
- Automate repetitive tasks, such as database deployments, database health reports, and wherever seen fit.
- Participate in designing and developing a scalable database environment with high availability in mind.
- Maintaining QA and DEV database environments.
- Implement database security policies and audits.
- Publish and maintain SOPs and database knowledge base.
- 3-5 years as a database administrator.
- 1-2 years in PostgreSQL administration.
- Comprehensive understanding of database internals.
- Mastery of SQL and/or PL/SQL.
- Proficient in Linux/Unix environment.
- Scripting in Shell, PERL or other scripting languages.
- Experience in replication setup with Slony, Streaming or other replication tools.
- Experience in designing and maintaining a scalable, highly available database environment.
- Outstanding troubleshooting ability and careful attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a self-motivated team player and willing to learn new database technologies and trends.
If interested, please send resume to Glenn Zhu at glenn.zhu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.