Below is the job posting on our website. http://www.ihie.org/About/Careers.php
In short we are looking for someone who does not need to be sponsored, and has excellent written and oral communication skills, knows PostgreSQL well, and is willing to learn Oracle.
Our website job posting.....
ABOUT THE INDIANA HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE
The Indiana Health Information Exchange is the largest health information exchange network in the U.S., partnering with communities throughout Indiana to ensure health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to improve care coordination
and patient outcomes.
IHIE is a fast growing organization with a commitment to making a meaningful difference in healthcare. An interest in a career at IHIE means you are ready to apply your innovative thinking and professional ambitions to make a positive change in healthcare.
For consideration, please click on the jobs@xxxxxxxx link under your position of interest to send your resume and cover letter.
Indiana Health Information Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application or employment process, please email Human Resources at
Job Title: Database Administrator
To provide daily database administration of relational databases, both production and development. Assist other DBA’s in the design and architecture of the overall database structure.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Discipline, Technology or Engineering
• Database administration and support in a production environment with applications based on UNIX / Linux, Java, Tomcat, and Apache solutions
• Firewalls, networks and server high level knowledge
• Ability to manage large database installations with transactional and warehouse model designs
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and resolve or make recommendations on solutions
• Microsoft Office applications
• Relational databases implemented on Linux / UNIX operating systems
• Project team experience with software development initiatives
• Experience with and high level knowledge of computer networks, firewalls, and database security in a production environment
• DBA support and implementation with custom and packaged solutions
• Experience with DBA support of large relational databases with web applications front ends
• Ability to interact with other IT peers
• Good communicator and team member
• Ability to learn new database technologies
• Three or more years of database administration experience in providing support and design of Oracle, SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL databases
• Three or more years database administration supporting Java, Linux, Apache, and Tomcat web front ends
• One or more years experience in a Healthcare/HIPAA regulated environment
• Have participated in a project team environment
• Linux server implementations of Oracle and/or PostgreSQL databases
• Security and Disaster Recovery planning experience with Oracle, SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL
Candidates should email resume and cover letter to