We are looking for a DBA/Architect to join our team in New York City. We have 20 software engineers and 4 QA Engineers. See details below.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Yodle is seeking a talented PostgreSQL Database Administrator/Architect to join our technology team in New York. Our ideal candidate will have a combination of strong technical skills and customer focus, the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and learn on the fly.
Take ownership of Yodle’s database environment. Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of our 400+GB production PostgreSQL database. Work with software developers to design the best possible database schema for scalability, efficiency and ease of use. Analyze usage, make suggestions and implement changes to improve performance, data integrity and ease of use. Assist QA and Developers to maintain the development, staging and QA databases. Assist and advise the data/analytics and finance team in accessing data for custom reports.
- Expert-level SQL skills (stored procedures, triggers, rules, user defined data types, user defined aggregates, table partitioning, outer joins, searched cases, etc.)
- Strong understanding of database performance tuning issues/techniques (reading query plans, designing tables/indices for performance, tuning OS/DB configuration)
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL on Linux
- Object-oriented modeling/design skills
- Some experience with OpenSolaris/ZFS a plus
- Some experience with MySQL, Oracle , MongoDB, NoSQL desirable
- Experience at a company using agile development processes
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelors degree
Resumes may be sent directly to me or you can apply via our website at www.yodle.com/careers
Info on Yodle : www.yodle.com/intro
Recruiter | Yodle, Inc.
50 W 23rd St., 4th Floor
New York, NY 10010
awecler at yodle.com