[pgsql-jobs] PostgreSQL DBA/Architect @ Yodle in NYC
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: [pgsql-jobs] PostgreSQL DBA/Architect @ Yodle in NYC
- From: Aviv Wecler <AWecler@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:45:40 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Thread-topic: PostgreSQL DBA/Architect @ Yodle in NYC
We are looking for a DBA/Architect to join our team in New York City. We have 20 software engineers and 4 QA Engineers. See details below.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Yodle is seeking a talented PostgreSQL Database Administrator/Architect to join our technology team in New York. Our ideal candidate will have a combination of strong technical skills and customer focus, the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
and learn on the fly.
Take ownership of Yodle’s database environment. Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of our 400+GB production PostgreSQL database. Work with software developers to design the best possible database schema
for scalability, efficiency and ease of use. Analyze usage, make suggestions and implement changes to improve performance, data integrity and ease of use. Assist QA and Developers to maintain the development, staging and QA databases. Assist and advise the
data/analytics and finance team in accessing data for custom reports.
- Expert-level SQL skills (stored procedures, triggers, rules, user defined data types, user defined aggregates, table partitioning, outer joins, searched cases, etc.)
- Strong understanding of database performance tuning issues/techniques (reading query plans, designing tables/indices for performance, tuning OS/DB configuration)
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL on Linux
- Object-oriented modeling/design skills
- Some experience with OpenSolaris/ZFS a plus
- Some experience with MySQL, Oracle , MongoDB, NoSQL desirable
- Experience at a company using agile development processes
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelors degree
Recruiter | Yodle, Inc.
50 W 23rd St., 4th Floor
New York, NY 10010
awecler at yodle.com
[PHP on Windows]