[pgsql-jobs] PostgreSql DBA Required.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: [pgsql-jobs] PostgreSql DBA Required.
- From: PostgresDBA <2010dba@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:23:01 -0700
If you are interested in the position posted below at Qatari Investors Group (QIG). located in Doha, Qatar.
Please e-mail your resume with cover letter to me (Yasir) at 2010dba(at)gmail(dot)com
For more information on Qatari Investors Group (QIG) please visit www.qig.com.qa
TITLE: PostgreSql Database Developer/Administrator
BONDABLE: 2 Years with work permit (extendable)
SALARY: 11000 QR/month + Accomodation & Air Tickets per year
REPORTS TO: Director of IT
The PostgreSql Database Developer/ Administrator will be tasked with
ensuring that the database environment is designed and managed to meet the
demands for availability, performance and manageability. Other functions
include administration, performance tuning, planning, optimization, data
modeling, development, and support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Data model design and recommendations.
* Maintenance of database.
* Optimize database performance.
* Estimate database capacities.
* Develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
This position regularly comes into contact; either in person, by telephone
or email, with a wide range of people: vendors, clients, talent agents,
potential talent/employee candidates, consultants, independent contractors,
and all levels of staff within QIG. Communication is a major focus of
this position. The ability to communicate accurately, tactfully and with a
sense of competency and helpfulness is required.
* SQL databases such as PostgreSql and MySQL.
* Database development, implementation, and administration in Linux / Unix
* Performance tuning and capacity planning, especially with Postgres.
* Strong troubleshooting, debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills.
* Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
* BS Computer Science or equivalent.
* 1-3 years experience as a DBA or equivalent.
Preferred Abilities and Knowledge
· Additional experience with Oracle.
· Programming experience (preferably in JAVA).
This position works under normal office conditions, though the pressure of
deadlines may sometimes be intense, requiring the flexibility to work
extensive hours upon request.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level
of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
[PHP on Windows]