PostgreSQL Architect, Open Source Database Architect
PostgreSql Architect Developer / DBA required by London based Media Global
Leader due to success and growth.
You will be an experienced Open Source Database Architect - PostgreSql MySql
used to working with huge databases and owning massive scaling projects. Strong
client facing skills internal and external, product config, Schemes, mirror
databases, etc and extensive problem solving skills.
* Operation and maintenance of production database systems
* Ownership of database schema
* Performance analysis and management of database systems within
* Provision of a development database environment that accurately
mirrors production systems
* Documentation of the data model and database systems
* Pro-active evolution of the data models to meet business requirements
* Linux/Unix background, deep familiarity with standard Unix tools
* Deep knowledge of PostgreSQL and MySQL database software
* Experience with high volume database systems and scalability
* Experience with PostGIS, Slony, pg_queue, pg_bouncer
* Expertise in SQL coding, optimisation and performance analysis
* Experience in PL/pgSQL
* Experience with one or more of: C, C++, Shell, PHP, Perl or Python.
* Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
* Good understanding of IP networking
* Good written and verbal communication skills are strong assets.
This is a market leading, hugely scaling social networking site and as so you
will not only need to be confident in your existing skills but able to advise
and adapt in your knowledge area in a very successful growing environment. In
return you will be joining a fantastic company that invests in and offers
continuous training to its employees in a fantastic, fun work environment
working with the world's Tier 1's
Forward your most recent cv / profile
Greenfield Ventures Limited is registered in England and Wales
Registered Number. 6763435
This message and any attachments are solely for the intended
recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message
and any attachments.