Pls note selection process:
1) Telephonic interview
2) Compulsory In person interview in NY City (hence preferably look at local candidates)
v No of Positions : 1
v Type (C2H/Full Time): C2H or Fulltime
Position Title- Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
v Location- NY city( 5 mins walk from Penn station)
v Rate / Constraints if any –
a)If selected for C2H : 3 months contract ( 45$/hr)
around 90- 100K (Based on experience)
v Tentative Start Date – Immediate
v Job Description
Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
Client is seeking a senior DBA to work as a member of the Operations team and serve as the primary authority for the schema development/maintenance, operation, monitoring, performance, availability, tuning, backup, and recovery of its application’s MS SQL Server 2005 and PostGreSQL DBMS and associated systems -- in its development, staging, and production environments. This position reports to the VP of Operations and Corporate IT.
- Work with the development team in the design, maintenance, and documentation of database schemas including evaluation of: data design, (de)normalization, referential integrity, query design, indexing strategies, and deployment.
- Work with Quality Assurance Team to provide support for test approaches for database related changes as needed.
- Coordinate with other Operations team members to establish requirements for capacity planning, deployment, and operational needs.
- Establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the DBMS consistent with corporate policies and industry best practices.
- Implement effective use of database replication, load balancing, and other configuration items to support capacity plan and performance goals in line with client SLAs.
- Construct/execute ad-hoc queries to assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of operational issues, or as needed to support development of applications, reporting, and analytics.
- Design and implement strategies for database load and stress testing.
- Serve as technical representative for data related issues as needed in client interchanges.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and new database design/deployment approaches.
- Maintain run-books and run-logs for database systems.
- Available on-call during off-hours to resolve database issues as needed to support 24/7 operations including communication with host providers to resolve configuration and operational issues.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience plus 8-10+ years with database design, development, and/or architecture.
- 3-5 years experience as DBA on MS SQL Server in high performance enterprise OLTP/OLAP application environments.
- Strong experience with isolation levels, locks, SQL Server performance tuning, and optimization.
- Detailed knowledge of Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and Stored Procedures.
- Experience with database replication configuration and deployment.
- Experience with capacity planning – including effective measurement and usage of bandwidth, disk space, memory and cache servers.
- Experience with managing hardware configurations and considerations for SQL Server environments.
- Knowledge of using various tools to identify and monitor database performance metrics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively across a diverse team.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Detailed knowledge of PostGreSQL.
- Experience with Memcached or other caching systems.
- Understanding of software development life-cycle, and specifically consumer-facing web development.
- NHibernate and/or Hibernate.
- .NET and/or JDBC Database programming.
- Experience with Windows/ASP.NET/C# based database programming.
- Experience with Java/Linux based database programming.
Voice: 732-287-7800 ext 1428
Mob: - 848 248 2136