From: Scott Ribe [mailto:scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 5:35 PM
To: Murthy Nunna
Cc: pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Cascade Standby Configuration in 9.2.4

Sounds like you're confused regarding the difference between WAL-shipping replication and streaming replication. In streaming replication, you don't have to ship WAL files. (You need to be sure that the WALs are preserved on master long enough for the slave to stream them, but you don't have to ship them.)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx