Re: Reg. Restore

Thanks for your reply.

---> You should update to a more current minor release.

Recently I updated to 9.1.5. I will do in near future.

--> You need to provide more information on how you backed up, how you
are restoring, and what the bottleneck seems to be.

I am pg_restore using for restoring the backup which created using pg_dump.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Ramana

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/backup.html

> 2. Without indexes, retrieving from table is fast?
>     After creating an index on that table, then the retrieval
>     become slow.

There's not enough information to give much advice.  Please read
this page and start a new thread on the pgsql-performance list:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com