What happens when PostgreSQL fails to log to SYSLOG

I am trying to find out what PostgreSQL does when it cannot write to its SYSLOG file, whether it is permissions or the file system where the log resides is full is the problem.  Does PostgreSQL stall, does it rollback the transaction it cannot log to the SYSLOG, or does it continue on as if there is not an issue?  I am writing Security controls and since I am using the SYSLOG for auditing purposes and I need to document what happens in case there was a failure in writing to the SYSLOG.  For instance, Oracle rollbacks any transactions that are being audited it cannot write to its audit logs.  Just want to know what PostgreSQL does.

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold

Senior Database Administrator

Contractor to DOE/OSTI

Information International Associates (IIA)

Oak Ridge, TN

(865) 576-0054 (work)

(865) 567-7553 (cell)

arnolds@xxxxxxxx

[Postgresql General]     [Postgresql Performance]     [Postgresql PHP]     [Postgresql Jobs]     [PHP Users]     [PHP Databases]     [PHP Home]     [PHP on Windows]     [Kernel Newbies]     [PHP Classes]     [PHP Databases]     [Yosemite Forum]