Re: postgres block size alignment with filesystem block size

Mike Broers <mbroers@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Hello, I am setting up a new postgres production server in a managed
> hosting environment.  I dont have much insight into the underlying disk
> architecture but the filesystem I have been presented with has a 4k block
> size.  Postgres defaults to 8k block size; would it be beneficial to repave
> the filesystem at an 8k block size or problematic to leave it at 4k?

I doubt it's worth the trouble to change it.  Most filesystems default
to 4k or smaller block sizes, so that's what PG is accustomed to run on.
I think it would only really be an issue if PG's block size weren't a
multiple of the filesystem block.

			regards, tom lane