Re: Advice/guideline on increasing shared_buffers and kernel parameters

> A formula which has held up pretty well across a lot of benchmarks
> for years is that for optimal throughput the number of active
> connections should be somewhere near
> ((core_count * 2) + effective_spindle_count).

Our entire Production application stack is setup in Amazon EC2 cloud
environment, that includes database server also.  So, in that case, how do I
find out "effective_spindle_count"?  I know "core_count" can be determined
from Amazon EC2 instance type.  Per Amazon EC2, EBS volumes are reportedly a
shared resource.