Re: Any public dataset for benchmarking?

Bèrto ëd Sèra wrote on 01.05.2012 11:13:
Hi all,

I'm asked to benchmark a PG-related product. I was wondering if there
is any "sort of standard" public dataset for such operations. The one
and only limit I have is I cannot use triggers with this product
(otherwise I'd use a copy of our own production datasets and everyone
would be happy, but this is the life...).

Have a look at the DellStore2 benchmark suite

http://linux.dell.com/dvdstore/

it supports PostgreSQL (since last year) and generating the dataset is quite straighforward - although I couldn't get the actual benchmark program to run on Windows.