Re: Disable TRUST authentication mode

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:50:32 +0530
c k <shreeseva.learning@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I understand that the users who have the access to the system can also
> change binaries. We are also thinking about the same. Using a virtual
> server for the database with almost 80% of the system resource where
> even persons from the IT department does not have the root access and
> do not know passwords for the superusers of the database or do not
> have the access to the filesystem of the virtual server can be a
> solution. Is it?

Well... maybe we should start at root of issue as this is what I still
don't understand: Why shouldn't have you staff access to the database?
Somebody has to administrate database.... If you need to keep content
of some tables secure, did you think about storing encrypted objects
inside database?

Cheers,
Frank
--