Re: Hot standby having high requested checkpoints?

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Brian Fehrle
<brianf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am taking periodic snapshots from the system view 'pg_stat_bgwriter' from
> both the master and the hot standby.

You mean that you observed that pg_stat_bgwriter.checkpoints_timed in
the standby was larger than that in the master? I ran pgbench on streaming
replication and checked pg_stat_bgwriter, but I could not reproduce the
problem you encountered. pg_stat_bgwriter.checkpoints_timed in the
standby was equal to or one more than that in the master. Could you tell me
the self-contained test case?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao