Re: Postgres community version limitaiton - help needed

Thanks Scott .

"community edition"  means There is no license fees for using PostGresql as it is Open Source database .

Regards
Ajay Pandey

> Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 15:13:06 -0700
> Subject: Re: Postgres community version limitaiton - help needed
> From: scott.marlowe@xxxxxxxxx
> To: akp123@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM, ajay kumar <akp123@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Dear All ,
> >

> >  Could you please confirm if the Postgres community version can support the
> > 128GB RAM and 4 processors expandable upto 8 processors (each quad core).
>
> Not sure what you mean by "community edition". There's PostgreSQL.
> From the postgresql.org website, which is what most folks use.
>
> I've run it on 40 hyperthreaded CPUS (80 virtual cores) and it worked
> just fine and used all 80 cores with enough parallel processes
> running.
>
> Can a single query use > 1 core? not. Not the way the engine is designed.

[Postgresql General]     [Postgresql Performance]     [Postgresql PHP]     [Postgresql Jobs]     [PHP Users]     [PHP Databases]     [PHP Home]     [PHP on Windows]     [Kernel Newbies]     [PHP Classes]     [PHP Databases]     [Yosemite Forum]