Re: Help! PostgreSQL stuck at starting up after crash

Sounds like you have a corrupt wal files that you will have to reset the
wal logs with pgresetxlog.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/app-pgresetxlog.html

This will result in missing transactions so before you do this shutdown
postgres and make a copy of the database files first. That way if you
don't like what happens you can always go back to the way things were.

Also right now would be a good time to evaluate your backup strategy,
which is a different topic for a different thread, but I can certainly
help with that as well.

-David Hornsby