Re: Establishing remote connections is slow

Mindaugas Žakšauskas<mindas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The essence is that establishing remote connection takes anywhere
> from 10 to 30 seconds. Once connected, the queries are fast

The only time I've seen something similar, there was no reverse DNS
entry to go from IP address to host name.  Adding that corrected the
issue.  I would try that.

If that fixes it, the questions would be whether PostgreSQL is doing
an unnecessary reverse DNS lookup.

-Kevin