Re: lo_import

Em 3 de janeiro de 2012 17:05, Maurício Cruz <cruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
Hi all,

Hi Mauricio,

I'm trying to use lo_import to import a file into my database, if I execute from postgres runing in my local machine
it works perfectly, but if I do it in the postgres runing in the server, it says "No such file or directory"

It's the default behavior.

I Guess postgres only see file on the machine it is runing and not through the network...
I will have to upload the file into the server and then use import  ?   is there any other way ?

The lo_import/lo_export functions read/write files in the same file system where postgres server is running [1]...

If you need send some file from your client to your database server you must verify the implementation of libpq API in your programming language to use another functions (lo_creat, lo_open, lo_write, lo_read) to create LOs from your client side of connection into your server  [2].

Another way is using "psql" client program [3] to import/export large objects.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/lo-funcs.html
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/lo-examplesect.html
[3] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-psql.html

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL
>> Blog sobre TI: http://fabriziomello.blogspot.com
>> Perfil Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriziomello
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabriziomello

[Postgresql General]     [Postgresql Performance]     [Postgresql PHP]     [Postgresql Jobs]     [PHP Users]     [PHP Databases]     [PHP Home]     [PHP on Windows]     [Kernel Newbies]     [PHP Classes]     [PHP Databases]     [Yosemite Forum]