Re: Problem With using PERL::DBI in plperlu function

Than you for Your answer Robert.

I've trying a lot of different configurations and the same perl body that works in OS perl script but doesn't work in plperlu function.

I think it's a little bit confusing that almost all examples in Internet showing creating connection from postgres to oracle the way I did it.

It seems that nobody tried to connect (from plperlu function) with external database(not installed on localhost and not in local network).

Version Of perl that i'm using is 5.8.8, postgresql 8.2.9, oracle 10.2 client and DBI version is 1.52.

I'll try to install latest DBI and perl.
If it's plperlu problem i will not try with latest postgresql because databases and application i'm using i too big to change source code of pg functions and application in few days to work with 8.3.* databases.

If I find any solutions i will write an answer.

Greetings

Tomek

There is a bug somewhere in the plperlu <-> oracle dbi stack (most likely in
the oracle dbd driver, but that just a guess) that prevents these type of
connections from work from a non-local connection, specifically due to lack
of environment variable sanity. We spent quite a bit of time trying to figure
this out a few years ago, but to no avail, so generally my answer on this
is "you can't do that", but by all means feel free to dig in and post if you
find a way to make it work (I'm hopeful that newer versions of the software
involved might work, but haven't had any luck in the combinations I've tested
so far).

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net