Re: 8.3.5 broken after power fail

>  tether your daughter to the other side of the room? I'm not sure
>  which parts of those mount options are dangerous or not. I use ext3
>  stock with noatime. And a battery backed RAID. Smaller slower work
>  group / station controllers (i.e. 5 year old server conrollers) go
> for pretty cheap and give pretty good performance with 2 or 4 drives.

I know the problem is with XFS and mount option "nobarrier" within a XEN
vm. Just last week I discussed with the XFS devs if that would be save
to use with a battery backed RAID. They said "depends on the
hypervisor". So now I proofed (not that I wanted!) that within XEN, XFS
should always have "barrier" on.

>  AS for fixing it, I believe the answer involves creating a clog file
>  full of zeros 16Meg or so, and pg_reset_xlog. Don't count on all
> your data being there or all your FK-PK type relationships to be
> correct, Immediately dump it, initdb and reload your data, fixing it
> as you go.

OK, that's a start. Trying... still an error:

pg_dump: Fehlermeldung vom Server: ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for
toast value 1460201 in pg_toast_1281127
pg_dump: Die Anweisung war: COPY public.dbmail_messageblks
(messageblk_idnr, physmessage_id, messageblk, blocksize, is_header) TO
stdout;

What now?

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net                  Key-ID: 1C1209B4