Downtime

Hello for all,

Our bussiness do not tolerate anymore downtime (the downtime is estimate at 10 hour / year - that involves upgrade of hardware, crash of hardware), and using Slony-I 1.2.15 I have waste time to put the slave node on production.
So I'm studying some replications softwares, like pgpool, pg_cluster, pg_replicator.

Pgpool has a good idea, I can connect at 2 servers or more at the same time. But I have some limitations, like Replication, Datas generated by the servers (CURRENT_DATE, CURRENT_TIME, serial, oid); so I discarded it.
I tryed pg_cluster, but the documentation is very poor, and the installation was unsuccesfull.

I would like to know from you what solution you uses for avoiding downtime, so I could choose the solution that is best to my scenario and for others that is begining in Postgres and is a little lost in replication.

Thnks for all,

Rafael Domiciano
DBA Postgres