Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization

Scott Runnion wrote:
Is this his sig in every message, or does he have a random quote thing? Regardless, my signature block from my personal e-mail account has this quote:

"Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in?" - Brad Stine

We're talking about a signature block, not the content of the message. It's not like he replied to a query about pg_dumpall by saying "Acts 10:31 - 'Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy data.'" If you feel it's inappropriate, I would think that the appropriate channel for complaint would be the company itself, not this list of its users. And, to forsake this avenue of advice because of a religious quote in a signature block would be, IMO, a foolish choice.

--
Daniel J. Summers
Owner, DJS Consulting

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++