Re: [GENERAL] bytea size limit?

Please don't top post.

paulo matadr wrote:
>>> My aplication return erro:
>>>
>>> 2009-01-20 10:22:03,264 INFO  [STDOUT] Caused by: org.postgresql.util.
>>> PSQLException: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1705447581
>>
>> What are you doing in terms of SQL?
>> INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE?
>>
>> How big are the binary objects involved?
>>
>> What are the values of the database parameters shared_buffers
>> and work_mem?
>
> The size of object depend on report  for a user request,
> shared_buffers = 2048MB
> work_mem = 12MB
>
> -------
> Server conf
> 16 GB RAM
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5
>
> Using apliccation web based , with Jboss apliccation server on jdbc driver.
> Lets see  scenario :
> Apliccation request a report,if this bigger , hangs .
> No able to select or others report in this table.

You need to find out the SQL statement that triggers the error.

The error you quoted does not come from the JDBC driver, but from the database
server.

I suggest that you set
log_min_messages to ERROR or lower,
log_min_error_statement to ERROR or lower, and
log_statement to all.

Then reproduce the error and look into the log file to find out the
statement that got the error. We can proceed from there.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe