Re: NUMA architecture and PostgreSQL

Hi Marko, thanks for your help...

> There is a bit higher level concept of cpusets too:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man7/cpuset.7.html
>

> In both cases, you can either patch Postgres or write a launcher
> that configures CPUs before executing postgres.

This paragraph is the liks of cpuset:
       On systems with kernels compiled with built in support for cpusets, all
processes are attached to a cpuset, and cpusets are always present. If a
system supports cpusets, then it will have the entry nodev cpuset in the file
/proc/filesystems. By mounting the cpuset file system (see the EXAMPLE
section below), the administrator can configure the cpusets on a system to
control the processor and memory placement of processes on that system. By
default, if the cpuset configuration on a system is not modified or if the
cpuset file system is not even mounted, then the cpuset mechanism, though
present, has no affect on the system's behavior.

Do I need to mount the cpuset file system for use numactl?

Example:
numactl --membind=1 su - postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/"

The two liks are about programing, but can I use only numactl with postgres?

thanks  marko...

¿Tus fotos son un desorden? La solución a tus males se llama Galería fotográfica de Windows Live