BGWRITER in Postgres 8.2

I would like to test the new components of 8.2 as we upgrade from 7.4 next month.

Is there any way to verify that the background writer is operational?

Thank you,

Mark Steben

Senior Database Administrator
@utoRevenue™
A Dominion Enterprises Company
480 Pleasant Street
Suite B200
Lee, MA 01238
413-243-4800 Home Office
413-243-4809 Corporate Fax

msteben@autorevenue.com

Visit our new website at
www.autorevenue.com

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the named addressee(s). If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this e-mail message to the intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please reply to the sender that you have received this e-mail message in error and then delete it.  Thank you.