Re: Suggestion

> On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 12:00 -0500, pam-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi
> > Can anyone suggest me some nice, innovative idea for module writing
> > in PAM for my academic project. I have already completed an
> > Application writing project in PAM last month.

A few things come to mind:

1. Adding password changing functions to pam-ssh who allow it to almost
completely replace /etc/shadow for authentication purposes.

2. A PAM module for keeping passwords in sync across several machines
(in different administrative domains), when changing a password, it
ssh's to the relevant machines and changes them there as well.

3. A PAM module that makes use of Linux's capabilities system.

4. A PAM module that Linux-vserver or similar isolation systems to give
the user a private process namespace and potentially a private view of
the filesystem (sort of like Plan 9) when they log on.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin