Re: [OS:N:] Linux on low-end hardware?

On Jan 16, 2006, at 5:48 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
All they're solving is the insane RAM requirements of
the Red Hat installer.

Ah, understand. For the hardware the non-profit is getting donated, the existing installers that we have tried have worked fine, including FC4, CentOS, FeatherLinux, DamnSmallLinux, Debian, and Ubuntu. So, a low-RAM installer is not an issue. Instead, we are more focused on these other items:

1) a look/feel similar to Windows
2) simple to install application software.
3) simple to clone or script an install.
4) provide an obvious upgrade path.

I'm curious to know what others have tried.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent