Re: [OS:N:] computers for students

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 21:26:09 PM -0500, anthony baldwin
(anthonybaldwin@snet.net) wrote:

> I am considering, at this juncture, staring a non-profit to recycle
> old machines and attempt to disstribute them to needy/deserving
> students or schools.

Anthony,

the non profict project in my signature was started exactly to provide
up to date Red Hat software and *support* for these situations.
Expecially when LTSP / K12 are not applicable (an old computer can be
a thin client *only* when networked to a *new* expensive computer. Not
at home).

We are now restructuring the website and preparing a new version for
Fedora Core (still stuck to RH 9 in the meantime). Please visit us and
join the mailing list to help, provide specific requirements, find
members in your area and so on.

We look forward to help you.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Sometimes when you fill a vacuum, it still sucks.
	  -- Bill Joy, founder of Sun Microsystems