Re: [OS:N:] OSN - what are the best desktop systems for educational use?

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 charles.macdonald@hrdc-drhc.gc.ca wrote:

> I heard a quote the other day that indicated that someone from redhat did not think that his product was the best desktop for consumer use, I am wondering where it (and the fedora system which is apparently to be the successor)  would fit in in an educational setting.

well the company I work for has RH 9 on all the desktops, we used
Wordperfect until they stopped supporting Linux and have changed to Open
Office suite....  took some getting used to and there was some weeping and
wailing but doubt anyone would change back,  also we have profit sharing
so we all like to help the bottom line...haven't had a M$ product here in
3 years now.

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net