Re: [OS:N:] Open office community classes

I have set up numerous boxen for older folks. The only ones that have a hard time are those that have used M$ in the past. The computer virgins take to linux like a duck to water and have bragging rights with their friends cause the have no problems with virii and such.

Mark Fowle wrote:
I think the real issue here is not to present Linux as "like" Microsoft,
but to show that it's a viable operating system with products that will
allow you to do email, browse the web, blance your check-book, etc..

I think part of the problem is having to compare the OS's - every OS has
its share of issues - I have my 75 year old father running it and he
does everything he needs to do - Just because most people speak
Microsoft-ease (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access...) doesn't always mean
thats what they want (ie Kleenex, Bobcat.....)  Just a thought....

Thanks,
Mark