Re: [OS:N:] Current file sharing is bad for consumer rights

On 16 Aug 2003, Johnnie Peters wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 13:06, M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> >    "See Sir, I *did* tell you that I could not afford your prices. I
> >    realized that you are right, "piracy" is a bad, bad, bad thing, but
> >    I still haven't that kind of money left. Hence, I'll just listen to
> >    live music or radio then go play with my friends. Please kindly sit
> >    on that bundle of unsold CDs and worthless DRM papers before
> >    fainting"
> >
> This is the absolute point of the who argument that some people cannot
> seem to get.  Much as the RIAA can manipulate the laws when it comes
> right down to it if you don't pay for it because you do not like their
> business ethics it will eventually be changed to a distribution method
> you can live with.

agree, haven't got off of a single nickel for CD, Tapes or even old
fashioned records for over 5 years.  I can just listen to the radio and
play my old tapes,  heck I still haven't even loaded MP3 software yet

> The problem is all education.  Until this is understood the record
> companies can do as they please.

and eat thier CD's until they have indigestion....the radio so far still
works

Bob
heck NPR is better anyway

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net