Re: [OS:N:] DRM and Open Source

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 13:28, M. Fioretti wrote:

> In the second place, I found again my Random House Webster after your
> first post. I read "parse" as "to analyze" or "describe". OK. In spite
> of this, I found your explanations (I'll not say your ideas yet) even
> more confused, or at least vague, than the original message.
>

> Once you have done it, please do come back and make some specific
> practical example of parsing that you want to do and that the original
> legislation or DRM would prohibit.

Marco, I think what he is trying to say is that everybody has always
"marked up" their copyrighted products to allow them to better
understand or find information.  This is as simple as using a yellow
high lighter.  I also often photocopied a particular table or segment
from a book for quicker access before a test.

Johnnie