[Openh323-devel] Serious API change in PTrace::SetStream

Hi,

I'm using an Asterisk with chan_h323 module which is based on openh323.
After upgrading to pwlib 1.12 I started to experience crashes during
quite annoying so I've made an investigation and found out that the
crash occurs in the following code:

          if (logstream) {
                PTrace::SetLevel(0);
                PTrace::SetStream(&cout);
                delete logstream; // APPLICATION CRASHES HERE
                logstream = NULL;
        }

And here is the code from PTraceInfo::SetStream:

        void SetStream(ostream * newStream)
        {
        [skip]
            if (stream != &cerr && stream != &cout)
                delete stream;
            stream = newStream;

However the pwlib prior 1.12.0 didn't delete the old stream:

        void PTrace::SetStream(ostream * s)
        {
        #ifndef __NUCLEUS_PLUS__
          if (s == NULL)
            s = &cerr;
        #endif

          if (PTraceMutex == NULL)
            PTraceStream = s;
          else {
            PWaitAndSignal m(*PTraceMutex);
            PTraceStream = s;
          }
        }

IMHO this API change is too serious to be allowed without any
compatibility shims.

--
  Kind regards,
  Andriy Pylypenko