Re: [Openh323-devel] [Opalvoip-devel] opalvoip vs h323plus

..deleted

>> H323plus has a completely different focus to that of OpalVoIP and is
>> designed to undertake advanced H.323 development (hence the plus) and
>> unleach the full potential of what H.323 is capable of where are
>> OpalVoIP is
>> more of a generalist which to date has focused a lot of their
>> attention (of
>> late) on SIP.

Here is a specific question for those people using OpenH323 (and now
H323Plus) instead of OPAL.

What would have to changed in, or added to, OPAL in order for you to
move from OpenH323 (other than all of H.45x and H.46x stuff we are
already committed to migrating) ?

In other words, if you configure Opal with only H.323 support (which you
can do now by running "./configure --disable-sip --disable-iax", what
makes it so different from OpenH323 that it is worth splitting our joint
efforts and maintaining two codebases?

If you can answer this question, I promise that the Opal project will do
it's very best to fulfill the requirements so we can all work on one
codebase rather than two.

    Craig

  Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
  craigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   www.postincrement.com.au

  Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
  Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs@xxxxxxxxxx

  "Science is the poetry of reality." Richard Dawkins