Re: [Openh323-devel] Continuation of support of OpenH323

[RJJ]

I would like to point out that this is NOT Craig and myself!!

> The website www.h323plus.org is currently under construction.
> Most of the code is in the CVS and we hope to have a release out in
> the
> coming weeks.
[RJJ]

So, OpenH323 truly IS being orphaned. How sad!

> Some of the new work now available in h323plus
> H.230  Conference Controls (incl tunneling GCC (T.124))
> H.239  Application Sharing
> H.249  Extended user inputs
> H.341  SNMP support
> H.350  LDAP WhitePages
> H.460  Numerous custom Extensibility features
>         Text Messaging (working doc ITU),
>         Follow Me,
>         PDI (Personal Data Interchange)
> H.460.9 RealTime QoS Measurements
> Video Plugins (fully compatible with Opal)
> H.235 Plugins (for external Biometric and smartcard authenticators)
> QoS Capability negotiation
> Conference Controls capability advertisement.
>
> New work planned/proposed
> H.460.presence
> H.460.18/19 Nat Traversal
> Video on Demand project (using H.239/H.249)
[RJJ]

The fact that this is all not going to be available in OPAL really makes me
want to cry. :-(

Ah well, such is Open Source.

Robert Jongbloed
OPAL/OpenH323 Architect and Co-founder.