Re: [Openh323-devel] Bug in ASNParser causing Interop issue

Simon Horne wrote:

..deleted

> I'm confused we declare the optional field in the constructor
> of  H245_H261VideoCapability making it mandatory doesn't?.

No, it doesn't.

The constructor adds the field because it is defined as a non-optional
extension. This information will be replaced if the object is populated
by reading in from a bit stream

 > I did test the
> behaviour by sending without the field and it did in fact reject the OLC.
> The e_videoBadMBsCap flag is already created in the class constructor so
> when calling this function it can't locate the field element and fails.   I
> had the exact same issue with the assigned gatekeeper field in H323v6 GRQ
> and RRQ. It only seems to be BOOL issue since there are actually 3 states.
> not there, there and false, there and true. The ASN.1 compiler I think is
> only handling the last two and not the first.

If you look in PASN_Sequence::KnownExtensionDecodePER, you will see the
following checks:

  if (NoExtensionsToDecode(strm))
     return TRUE;

  if (!extensionMap[fld-optionMap.GetSize()])
    return TRUE;

The first checks if any extensions have been specified, the second
checks that if the extension in question has it's bit set. In both
cases, it returns TRUE.

I'll need to know where the decode is failing before I can offer any
more help.

    Craig

  Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
  craigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   www.postincrement.com.au

  Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
  Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs@xxxxxxxxxx

  "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
   Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting