In just one week:

Title: In just one week:

Hello, everyone --

In just one week, President Obama will head to the Capitol to lay out his plan for the upcoming year of action, and what we need to do so that every working American can succeed.

It will be the President's fifth State of the Union address since taking office -- part of a tradition that dates back to our Founding Fathers.

Now, I've attended dozens of these events, and it's a big moment for the country.

White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough sat down to give you a look at this tradition. Watch the video, then RSVP to watch next Tuesday.

This year, there will be more opportunities than ever for you to take part in the State of the Union: brand new ways to interact with the speech on the night of the address and during the days that follow it, and a glimpse beforehand of interesting behind-the-scenes content.

Over the next week, stay tuned for updates on what's going on around the White House. It will be quite a week, and I want you to take part in it.

Be part of the tradition. RSVP now.

Thanks,

Vice President Joe Biden

Visit WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111