A "State Dinner" just for kids

Title: A "State Dinner" just for kids
The White House Saturday, June 9, 2012

A "State Dinner" just for kids

Calling all kid chefs: Here's your chance to share your favorite delicious and nutritious lunch recipe with First Lady Michelle Obama.

Let's Move!, the First Lady's initiative to solve the problem of childhood obesity within a generation, is looking for parents or legal guardians of creative kid chefs from all over the country to submit their child’s recipe for a healthy and nutritious lunch.

So if your kids have some skills in the kitchen, we hope you'll take the time to share their recipes. We'll invite a winning child and their parent or legal guardian from each state and territory to join us for a Kid's "State Dinner."

Submit your recipe

The rules are simple: All entrants (parents or legal guardians of kids ages 8-12) are encouraged to reference the MyPlate nutritional guidelines to ensure recipes meet healthy standards. Recipes should include each of the food groups, either in one dish or as parts of a lunch meal, including fruit, veggies, whole grains, protein and low-fat dairy foods.

Then in August, Let's Move! will team up with the Department of Education, USDA, and Epicurious for a Kid's "State Dinner." Winning recipes will be published in an online book to help share these new, healthy lunch time ideas.

You have until June 17 to submit your recipe, so get cooking and share what you think we should serve for lunch at the White House:

http://www.letsmove.gov/kids-state-dinner

Stay Connected