NTSB TO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE TUESDAY IN WASHINGTON, DC ON THE ON-GOING INVESTIGATION OF THE I-35W BRIDGE COLLAPSE IN MINNESOTA

                       NTSB ADVISORY

National Transportation Safety Board
Washington, DC 20594

January 14, 2008

NTSB TO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE TUESDAY
IN WASHINGTON, DC ON THE ON-GOING INVESTIGATION
OF THE I-35W BRIDGE COLLAPSE IN MINNESOTA

Washington, DC -- The National Transportation Safety Board
will hold a press conference on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 to
provide an update on the on-going investigation of the I-35W
bridge collapse in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  NTSB Chairman
Mark V. Rosenker will brief the media in the NTSB'S Board
Room and Conference Center, 429 L'Enfant Plaza, S.W.,
Washington, DC at 1:30 p.m., (EST).

On Wednesday, August 1, 2007, a section of the I-35W bridge
in Minneapolis, Minnesota spanning the Mississippi River
collapsed.  Approximately 1,000 feet of the deck truss fell
into the river.  As a result of the accident 13 people died
and 145 people were injured.

Directions to Board Room: Front door located on Lower 10th
Street, directly below L'Enfant Plaza. From Metro, exit
L'Enfant Plaza station at 9th and D Streets escalator, walk
through shopping mall, at CVS store take escalator down one
level. Board room will be to your left.
#

NTSB Media Contact:     Terry N. Williams
                                (202) 314-6126
                                williat@xxxxxxxx