Re: Firmware Loading every boot?

Thanks Peter and Arun,

I can understand now :)

Any good documentation to understand UEFI ?

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Peter Teoh <htmldeveloper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
FYI, the "firmware" are loaded from flash:

which means microcontroller (or microprocessor) + DMA/DDR memory + flash are the usual makeup of an embedded system.   flash are non-volatile, but normally it is slower and cannot be executed as CPU or microncontroller instruction.   which is why you will need to load it into memory to be executed:

cheers.