Re: How to access a DRM CRTC's scan out buffer?

For ATI GPU the crtc_base could be the base pointer to the memory buffer:

./drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/rv770.c:
u32 rv770_page_flip(struct radeon_device *rdev, int crtc_id, u64 crtc_base)

./drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/rs600.c:
void rs600_pre_page_flip(struct radeon_device *rdev, int crtc)
void rs600_post_page_flip(struct radeon_device *rdev, int crtc)
u32 rs600_page_flip(struct radeon_device *rdev, int crtc_id, u64 crtc_base)

As to the internals of these buffer area, well, u may need the datasheet from the vendor.   Just grep for "CRTC" inside the gpu/drm/radeon directory and you can understand why.