New version of beginner's kernel programming course coming soon

  Hoping I'm not abusing my good will on this list, but I decided it
was well past time to bring my original online kernel programming
course for beginners up to date, and rather than update the existing
course, I'm doing it as a brand new course (2nd ed) here:

http://crashcourse.ca/introduction-linux-kernel-programming-2nd-edition/introduction-linux-kernel-programming-2nd-edition

  FULL DISCLAIMER in that the *full course* will be for paying
subscribers only but, just like the original course, the first several
lessons will be publicly available and permanently free of charge, and
will walk beginners through how to configure, build and reboot a new
kernel, as well as write and load their first kernel module and a few
other entertaining features of basic kernel programming.

  Only the first *technical* lesson is up so far, but at the very
least, all of the free material should show up over the next several
days.  So drop by and, as the free lessons show up, play along on your
system.  And tell your friends.  Everyone's welcome.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca