Re: linux camera drivers

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Mayank Agarwal <mayank77fromindia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1.I think the device supports i2c or spi protocol.I want to know how the i2c or spi is taking data
 from image sensor and giving it to video buffers.

2.I want to understand the whole data flow from image sensor to the display buffer and the role of linux kernel
camera drivers in that.

3.Currently i am looking at Sony IMX036,Aptima MT9P031.

Thanks and Regards,
Mayank

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 05:57:52PM +0530, Mayank Agarwal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have following questions regarding camera drivers in  linux kernel.
>
> 1.which are the files/folder in kernel directory where camera drivers support
> is provided in linux kernel.

It depends, which type of protocol does your device support?

> 2.Are they customisable according to different SOC requirements.

It depends on what the requirements are.  As it's software, it's always
able to be changed :)

> 3.Are there any tutorials/pdfs to understand camera drivers in linux kernel.

What is wrong with the code itself?

> 4.At present which sensor (i mean aptina/sony/omnivision) drivers are supported
> in linux kernel.

What sensor are you looking for exactly?

What device do you need to support, and what protocol does your camera
use to talk to the hardware?

greg k-h