AW: conntrackd and TCP flow recovery

Hi,

kay <kay.diam@xxxxxxxxx> asked:
> I have very strange requirement. I need to DNAT (using RAWDNAT) the
> already established connection (simple HTTP keepalive) to another
> server without TCP session reestablishment.
>
> For example I have web0 (input gateway), web1 (primary server), web2
> (slave server). SYN/ACK should be processed by web1, but "GET
> HTTP/1.1" request should be passed to web2. For this purposes, I
> guess, I need to establish fake connections on web2 which should be
> the same as on web1. I've already implemented RAWDNAT + RAWSNAT and
> SYN/ACK packet goes to web1 and all subsequent packets goes to web2,
> but web2 ignores them as it doesn't know about them. Is it possible to
> implement my requirement using conntrackd?

conntrackd is for synchronizing the connection tracking tables on a redundant pair of NAT gateways, so it's no use to you.

I imagine the problem is that the webserver on web2 doesn't know that there's an established connection that it should handle - how could it, without the tcp handshake?

Care to elaborate on what you're trying to achieve (vs. what you're tyring to do ;-))?

Cheers,
Thomas