Re: Regarding updating netfilter rules from kernel space

On Friday 02 December 2011 09:45 AM, Ajith Adapa wrote:
Hi,

I want to update "RULES" in netfilter from a kernel module similar to
iptables doing the same update from user space.

I don't know whether netfilter exhibits any APIs for the other modules to do that.

However, I could think of a work around using "call_usermodehelper()". You can execute a userspace program (say, iptables) using this function from kernel space.

Regards,
Vignesh

Is there any references or docs to above scenario which can help me out ?

Regards,
Ajith