Re: Problem with log which are corrupted and need help with hitcount and FORWARD rules

On Sat, 2011-10-22 at 17:11 +0200, Azerty Ytreza wrote:
> Just mean gateway/firewall server that all the traffic passes through.
>
> No doesn't work ... The port is blocked when I try these rules (copy
> of the INPUT rules) :
>
> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -m state --state
> NEW -m recent --set
> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -m state --state
> NEW -m recent --update --seconds 600 --hitcount 1 -j DROP

You've got a hitcount of 1. Don't you mean 10 as you had in your first
set of rules?

> And sorry but I have never user mailing list. I don't known how it's
> work exactly :(

No problem, but please don't put your reply at the top. Put it either
within or at the bottom of the quoted email, just like I have for this
email. It makes it easier for other people to follow the conversation if
they've joined late or are reading it in the archives :)

Andy