Re: iptables

Alabama wrote:
Dear All,
I have linux router with 3 NIC cards.
One is an internet interface. Second is my LAN network and third is public addresses network.
I am using iptables. My LAN network works perfectly filtering packets. I have problems with my public addresses network- I would like this network to work without any filtering and just can't do it.
Could give me advice how to pass by iptables or how to set up iptables to route traffic to public addresses without any filtering?
Best regards
Andy

Najlepsze auto, najlepsze moto... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1841

I do not know the details of your installation so there may be a good
reason for you to do this but I would normally never recommend no
filtering even, perhaps especially, to a DMZ.

In any event, you can probably regulate the traffic using the
interfaces, e.g.,

iptables -I FORWARD 1 -i eth0 -o eth2 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD 1 -i eth2 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

That's what comes to mind off the top of my head.  Good luck and, unless
you have a really good reason, I would not recommend doing this.  If the
problem is just the complexity of managing changing security on the DMZ,
consider a GUI front end like fwbuilder (http://www.fwbuilder.org) or,
for large and highly complex environments ISCS
(http://iscs.sourceforge.net) when it is ready - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com