[Re: Newby]

Thanks to Jason, Kassad and Askar for responding to my email. I've only
played with RedHat before, and mostly forced myself to use command line
than the GUI interface. Maybe its time to try other Linux flavor. Now,
this FW I want to setup for my home network, I would like the least
software loaded on this as this is a 32MB, PII 266, 2.5GB computer. I am
thinking IPTABLES, Tripwire, SNORT, or will that be too much for this
machine ? Related to this, where can I find information of those required
to load during OS installation for these 3 apps to work.

Again, Thanks.

Askar
> why not switching to a decent Linux distro. hmm may be Slackware :D
>
> regards
>

> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:04:29 -0800 (PST), calvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <calvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am setting up a FW using IPTABLES. I played with it when RedHat was 7.x
>> and stopped using it (Linux and IPTABLES) for a long while now. Back then
>> I modify the file directly to suit my need, I tried recently RedHat 9.0
and would not allow me to modify it directly.

>> I heard that RedHat stopped providing freeware Linux or that they have
a different version that provide freeware. My question is what freeware
Linux could I install that will allow me to easily install IPTABLES and
would provide me flexibility to modify the rules easily.