Re: How do I envoke the firewall script? (nfcan: addressed to exclusive sender for this address)

On 2004.12.02 11:47, Glen Spidal - glens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Greetings,

I've edited the script from Oskar Andreasson's tutorial for a DMZ firewall
(rc.DMZ.firewall), but since I'm kind of a newbie I don't know how to
automaticvally run it at startup. I have a fresh minimal install of Redhat
9. I selected medium firewall with this install. How do I undo that and run only the DMZ firewall script?
I manually ran the DMZ script without errors.

I have a Redhat system. After I change a script, check it into cvs, and test it I use on the Redhat "service" script to store the changes for the next boot:

 sudo service iptables save

This script should produce an [OK] response.

The Redhat system will reload from this save at the next boot.

I put the related /proc/sys/net... switch settings in rc.local

I hope that helps.

Jim